Thursday, August 10, 2006

THE HOLE


One winter evening I walked out to my backyard to take out my trash. The ground was covered with snow and I had forgotten about THE HOLE. THE HOLE was over a cess pool to my house. All the human waste from my house (and wherever...and WHENEVER...else) had accumulated in THE HOLE. The liquid was now at ground level. As I took a step over THE HOLE my left leg went in. With my right leg, I was able to hop out just in time. My left Italian hiking boot had gotten totally immersed. I quickly returned to my house and took off the boot. I began pouring pinesol over it, and I kept imagining what might have been if I had stepped with both feet into THE HOLE. It was not a pleasant thought. I started a fire, became warm and cozy, and forgot about THE HOLE experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home