Tuesday, February 27, 2007

THE WALKING BEGINS

I knew that I still wasn't feeling well.
I knew that I was feeling confused.
And I realized that I wasn't my "normal" self.
I started walking and looking.
Movement of people and vehicles!
Sounds of bells and machines!
Colors everywhere!
This was India.
I continuted walking and looking.
My aimless journey would continue for two weeks.
But before it continued, I still had in my mind the idea of getting to Sri Lanka.
I had not given up on that goal.
This first day in India was coming to an end.
I just kept walking. Walking. Walking.
The noisy day was now becoming a creepy silence.
Right after I checked out of my hotel, I tried to eat some food. I think I ordered some curried chicken and rice.
I couldn't eat much.
This was the last solid meal I would eat for nearly two weeks.
My body and mind would be greatly affected by my loss of appetite.
Anyway, I just kept walking.
I remember the days less than I do the nights. In fact, it seems as if there were only nights the whole time that I was in India.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home